Rebate – Up to $3,500
Heating and cooling needs can represent up to 40% of the energy used in your home. Replacing your heating and cooling systems with modern, efficient options will improve your comfort and reduce your bills.
To be eligible for the rebate, your selected contractor must install the following:
- Install a 16 SEER or better air conditioner
- Install a 90% or greater AFUE gas furnace (must be installed as sealed combustion), or install a 8.2 HSPF or better heat pump
- Seal the ductwork to 15% or less for existing ducts or 5% or less for new ducts as required by Title 24
- Install a SMUD approved Smart Thermostat
- Ductless and ducted mini-split systems rated at 16 SEER and 8.2 HSPF or better may qualify